top of page

Party Wall Advice For Individuals

How can we help?


Cooper & Withycombe Ltd do lots of Party Wall work for both residential and commercial clients.  Our main aim is to make the process as smooth and easy as possible and to do our best to ensure that neighbourly harmony is maintained.


Why might I need Party Wall advice?


If you are planning an extension or work to your party wall, under the Party Wall Act 1996 you may be required to serve your neighbour(s) with one or more of the following three Party Wall Notices:


Party Structure Notice – For work to an existing party wall.


Line of Junction Notice – For work on the boundary line.


Adjacent Excavation Notice – For work within 3 metres (or 6 metres in some circumstances) of your neighbours’ foundations.


Once the Notices have been served your neighbours have three options.  They can either agree to the work; agree to use an Agreed (shared) Surveyor to prepare a Party Wall Award or appoint their own Surveyor to work with your Surveyor to prepare a Party Wall Award.


How to get your free Party Wall appraisal?


If you think you might need Party Wall advice for your project, please get in touch for a free appraisal of your project by a Chartered Building Surveyor:


Call for a chat on 01483 457373


Email your project drawings over to


Complete this web form and attach your drawings.


We can then give you a free, impartial view about whether your proposed project falls within the Party Wall Act or not.


If you do need Party Wall services, we would be happy to provide you with a no obligation quote.

bottom of page